Subject: Ideas for LW.
From: [email-masked] (Rowan Crawford)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 94 2:25:52 EST

I have 3 ideas for LW:

Modeler:-

1.  I'd like to be able to do a "reverse" of the  "subdivide"
    command, so that it actually optimises polygons.

2.  I'd like the modeler to actually add it's own polygons if it needs
    them. For example, say I take a cube (with NO triangles or
    subdivides) and do a twist on it. LW could realise that the
    polygons are going to be badly warped, and add it's own in.
    Imagine does this.

Layout:-

3.  I'd like a button under "smooth" in the surfaces area which
    interpolates edges of objects so that they become rounded without
    needing to give the object a mass number of polygons. So I could
    take a sphere with a low polygon count, zoom right up to the
    edge, and LW automatically rounds the edges based on some angle.

If any of the above doesn't make sence, let me know and I will
explain in greater detail.

Row.